There once was a time when WordPress would generate a report detailing a blog’s performance on the first day of every year. It’s a practice they sadly ceased in 2016, so it falls upon me to manually compile 2017’s statistics myself. To be honest I rarely check my site’s metrics, but it’s nice to look at the figures on an annual basis to see how The Otaku Judge fared in the past twelve months. Based on the comments I receive, readers seem to enjoy the yearly summaries so let’s keep the tradition going by crunching those numbers.
◙ Views: Last year my site received 22,741 hits. Not quite enough to beat the all time record of 22,846, but on the plus side it was over two thousand more views than I got in the previous year. During the course of 2017 the blog attracted the most visitors ever. Thank you to the 13,344 visitors who dropped by, be you long time followers, new subscribers or random perverts searching for cat girl porn (my most popular search term apparently.)
◙ Top Attractions: If we only focus on 2017 posts and disregard things like the home page, the most popular reviews/articles of 2017 were…
1. Brave Dungeon: Just like last year, my most read post features the word dungeon.
2. Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid: One of the funnier anime I watched in 2017.
3. Five Flaming Hotties: I listed off my five sexiest anime ladies.
Sakura Dungeon topped the 2016 list and obscure 3DS game Brave Dungeon claimed the number one spot in 2017. I wonder if another dungeon crawler will keep this trend going in 2018.
◙ Where did they come from: No change here. The United States, United Kingdom and Canada remain my biggest markets. For the first time ever India cracked the top four nations to visit my blog. Other places that my readers hail from include Australia, Germany, Philippines, Indonesia and Brazil.
◙ Who are they: To finish off let’s mention my five most active commenters…
1. Raistlin0903: Reviews movies, TV and anime. He didn’t like the Last Jedi.
2. The Things I’ve Seen: A talented artist from Ireland who writes about movies.
3. Man in Black: Specializes in foreign films, anime and wrestling. Owns a pug.
4. Matt Doyle: An author who blogs about geek culture. Awesome cosplayer.
5. Jon Spencer: Aniblogger who covers games/movies too. Hat on question mark.
Happy new year to all my followers. Thank you very much for the support. In case you are wondering, I hope to release my Top 5 anime and games of 2017 in the not too distant future. A bit late perhaps, but it’s tough to write content when my job kicked off 2018 with twelve successive shifts!